What anti-diabetes drugs should I consider using for my health condition? This is one question we often get from our diabetes patients. To answer this question, we’ll say the best way to pick suitable drugs for type 2 diabetes is by visiting your physician. With proper diagnosis, your doctor can always prescribe you drugs that will effectively treat your symptoms. For instance, your doctor may advise you to buy Wegovy, a brand of medication that contains semaglutide as its active ingredient.
In the rest of this post, you’ll discover all you should know about Wegovy, including its side effects and interaction.
1. What exactly is Wegovy?
Before going ahead to order and buy Wegovy, you certainly need to understand one or two things regarding this medication.
To begin, Wegovy is a brand of semaglutide, a generic medication that falls under the class of drugs, known as incretin mimetic. In case you don’t know, incretin mimetic also means Glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) receptor agonists.
GLP-1 agonists work by imitating how the normal incretin hormones in your body work. For instance, some of these hormones function by stimulating the production of more insulin from the Pancreas. That’s not all; these hormones also help to restrict the production of glycogen. They also help to reduce the rate of sugar (glucose) absorption in your bloodstream.
2. What exactly are the side effects of Wegovy?
Before you go ahead to buy Wegovy, you need to understand that this medication, which is usually available as a liquid solution in a pen, has some side effects. These effects can either be severe or mild, depending on a couple of factors, such as your age, its interaction with other drugs, and your other health issues.
Mild side effects
- Speaking of the mild effects, Wegovy can cause bloating or pain – usually around your belly.
- Apart from that, other common mild side effects of Wegovy are stomach flu, headache, gastrointestinal reflux disease (GERD), diarrhea, dizziness, burping, nausea, constipation, and vomiting.
Serious side effects
Like other semaglutide-containing medications, such as Ozempic and Rybelsus, Wegovy also has severe side effects. The good thing, however, about these effects is that they are very rare.
After you buy Wegovy and use it, if you experience any of the following side effects, ensure to call for a medical emergency:
- Reduced blood sugar level
- Allergic reaction
- gallbladder issues, such as gallstones
- Increased heart rate
3. Is Wegovy expensive to purchase?
You need to understand that Wegovy has no generic drug. Instead, this medication is a brand name that contains semaglutide as its active ingredient. Generic drugs are usually less expensive than brand products. Since Wegovy is only available as a brand product, you can expect it to be more expensive than Semaglutide, a generic drug.
Furthermore, certain factors can affect the price of Wegovy. Some of these factors are:
- The type of pharmacy you’re using.
- Your insurance plan
4. What exactly is the right dosage for Wegovy?
You need to keep in mind that Wegovy has 5 different dose strengths. The lowest dose, also known as the starting dose, is 0.25 mg. It must be taken only once daily.
According to the manufacturer, you can always consider increasing your dose every 4 weeks (for instance, you can move from 0.25 mg to 0.5 mg) until you get to 2.4 mg, which is Wegovy’s highest dose strength.
- For the first month, use 0.25 mg (once weekly)
- In the second month, use 0.5 mg (once weekly)
- For the third month, you can increase the strength and use 1 mg (once weekly)
- In the fourth month, use 1.7 mg (once weekly)
- Lastly, increase the dose strength to 2.4 mg and keep to this.
Buy Wegovy today